FIDO2 questions answered by John Craddock
Our recent technical webinar about FIDO2 presented by identity guru John Craddock was hugely popular. More than 450 people registered, and the webinar recording has already been viewed 100+ times!
John Craddock, MVP, has a knack of identifying and understanding the leading-edge technical topics that people really want to know about. He is also a gifted communicator, and in this session he lifted the lid on FIDO2 with clear technical explanations about how it works, and why you need to know about it.
FIDO2 questions answered
Some great questions – see below – were asked which, due to time constraints, John didn’t get a chance to answer during the webinar. But you can now find the answers in John’s FIDO2 Q&A blog.
- Can I use a U2F key with a website that uses FIDO2?
- Can we use a FIDO key as another factor for MFA?
- When referring to a FIDO2 key, what is the PIN used for?
- What is the difference between a PIN and a password?
- How secure is your account if you lose or have your FIDO2 security key stolen?
- In a demo I watched, when the user was signing into Azure AD, all they had to do was touch the key. How can that be secure? Can we enforce a PIN to be used every time?
- Can a user sign-in to multiple Windows 10 desktops with the same FIDO2 key?
- If I reset a key, what happens when going to website (RP) login where previously the device and PIN had been registered?
READ JOHN’S FIDO2 Q&A BLOG IN FULL
Want more of John’s expertise?
John’s acclaimed Identity Masterclass is now available via Zoom inhas received 100% five-star feedback from IT professionals who have attended the course in the UK and US.
READ ABOUT JOHN CRADDOCK’S IDENTITY MASTERCLASS
View all John Craddock webinars on demand
Previous webinar sessions that we have hosted for John – on Decentralized Identity, Blockchain, Azure AD Cloud Authentication, and Authentication Without Boundaries – have also been very popular.