Written by an expert team including Andreas Kjellman (formerly MIM and Azure AD Connect Program Manager for Microsoft) and diving deep beyond the wizard, our Microsoft Entra Connect (formerly Azure AD Connect) Masterclass is the only comprehensive, structured training course for this complex and powerful technology. And, unlike free information on the Internet, our courses are regularly updated.
Who is the Microsoft Entra Connect Masterclass for?
Our Microsoft Entra Connect Masterclass is for architects and administrators responsible for connecting their on-premises Active Directory with a Microsoft Entra ID tenant, who want to:
- Understand what Microsoft Entra Connect can do beyond its ‘out-of-the-box’ form and investigate its many additional capabilities
- Learn how to configure and maintain it, and which configurations are supported
Microsoft Entra Connect is now a key part of a hybrid AD infrastructure. The “out-of-the-box” installation offers some great features, and these must be fully understood. But it’s also vital to learn about the additional configurations that are possible, and which are supported.
Having the optimal configuration for your organization will enable you to provide consistent, secure, and user-friendly authentication, as well as consistent authorization across on-premises and cloud applications through automated and reliable group management – even in complex environments, and all while minimizing the strain on your administrators and helpdesk staff.
The Microsoft Entra Connect Masterclass covers both the ‘easy’ things (installation and configuration using the wizard) and ‘harder’ things, like how provisioning and de-provisioning work, and the disaster recovery options. It has realistic hands-on labs enabling you to get a proper understanding of its capabilities in real-world scenarios.
Familiarity with AD and basic concepts of authentication will be advantageous – the same goes for Exchange (unless you will never use it).
Microsoft Entra Connect is based on Microsoft Identity Manager, and while we will call out similarities and differences, no prior knowledge is required – and the same goes for Microsoft Entra ID.
The training comprises presentations, discussions, demonstrations, and 22 hands-on exercises! The 10 hands-on labs – crucial to a proper understanding of the topics – have been made as realistic as possible. Students will use a real domain and fully implement Microsoft Entra Connect in various configurations. The labs are complex and reflect issues you will face in the real world. Students taking this training in the classroom get a month’s access to online videos and quizzes.
How to take the Microsoft Entra Connect Masterclass:
- Attend live instructor-led for 3 days, remotely via Teams.
- Arrange a private training course for your team (currently via Teams only). Find out more about private training.
At the end of our Microsoft Entra Connect Masterclass you’ll understand:
- Everything you can do through the wizard, and how to extend that
- Different authentication options – how you move from one to the other, and how they interact
- Microsoft Entra Connect architecture and configuration, understanding and editing rules, and handling errors
- Scheduling, statistics, basic troubleshooting, high availability, and Microsoft Entra Connect health
- Managing Microsoft Entra Connect with PowerShell
- Precedence, provisioning/de-provisioning, joining rules, and transformations
- Upgrading, backup, restore and recovery options
- Multi-forest, multi-tenant, and non-AD directory scenarios
- Integrating cloud-based HR systems
- What’s supported and what’s not
Post-course, you’ll have:
- Perpetual access to the course e-manual
- 3 weeks’ access (from the course start date) to:
- 33 video lectures covering the entire course, and specifically designed and recorded to support online learning
- 10 lab demos – videos of all the labs performed in class, including helpful tips. tricks and explanations to improve understanding
- 7 revision quizzes which can be taken as many times as you like – a fun way to test your knowledge!
This course was written by Andreas Kjellman (formerly MIM and Azure AD Connect Program Manager for Microsoft), Hugh Simpson-Wells (CEO, OCG), Jimmy Andersson (MVP Enterprise Mobility) and James Cowling (CTO, OCG).