Oxford Computer Training (OCT) Terms and Conditions
Oxford Computer Training (OCT) Terms and Conditions
This is a contract, so please read the following terms carefully before attending any Oxford Computer Training (OCT) course (in person or remotely), or accessing OCT’s online training materials or virtual machines.
By attending a course, or accessing the online material or virtual machines, you accept and agree to all of the terms and conditions in this agreement. When booking your training you will be asked to agree that you have read, understood and agreed to these terms. You also agree to review these terms periodically, and to be aware of modifications to the agreement, which OCT may make at any time. Your continuing use of online material or virtual machines will be taken as your conclusive acceptance of any modified agreement.
- “Access” or “Accessing” means accessing, using, viewing our content or otherwise obtaining information from the Oxford Computer Training Portal, the Oxford Computer Training (and OCG Learning) SharePoint site, LockLizard viewer, and LockLizard web viewer.
- “Agreement” or “Terms” refers to these Terms and Conditions of Use and any subsequent modifications.
- “Content” refers to the courseware (workbooks, videos, presentations, Virtual Machines, exercise files etc.) that is available as printed material, and through the OCT Portal, OCT SharePoint site, LockLizard viewer, and LockLizard web viewer.
- “Class” refers to a particular instance of a course taking place on a particular date or dates.
- “Course” refers to a defined set of content; courses may be taken by attending a class in person, by attending a class remotely, or in an online self-paced mode.
- “Exercise Files” refers to the list of instructions prepared by OCT to guide students through training exercises.
- “Purchaser” refers to any person or entity that purchases an OCT training course, or courses, (usually for themselves and/or colleagues).
- “Multi-user purchaser” refers to a user or company who purchases a course for more than one student.
- “Single-user purchaser” refers to a user who purchases a standard single OCT training course.
- “OCT” refers to Oxford Computer Group Worldwide Ltd (trading as Oxford Computer Training).
- “OCT Portal” refers to any OCT (private) sites that are used to host OCT materials, and through which these materials are made available to students.
- “LockLizard viewer, and LockLizard web viewer” refers to the OCT training materials that are made available to students in LockLizard’s protected web viewer and LockLizard’s protected pdf viewer.
- “Self-paced course” refers to a course that is not part of a specific class on a specific date – it is a distance learning, online course.
- “Remote” is used to define a remote student, or remote training course. In both cases the student is not present in the classroom, and is taking part in the class via a telephone, VOIP or video link.
- “User” refers to any party who accesses the OCT Portal.
- “Virtual Machines” refers to the online server environments that are made available to students in order to perform exercises.
- “Website” refers to the public website maintained on the World Wide Web by OCT.
2. Modification of terms
OCT reserves the right to modify these terms at any time. Except as otherwise stated here, any change to these terms is effective immediately after OCT gives notice to the user. Notice can be given through email, a posting on the site or OCT Portal, or any other means by which a user may obtain notice. The user agrees to check periodically for changes to these terms. Any use of the OCT Portal after changes have been made will be considered to be acceptance of those changed terms and/or conditions.
3. Limited license
OCT grants each user/purchaser a limited, non-exclusive, non-sub-licensable and non-transferable license to access the content and information available in the OCT Portal according to the provisions contained herein, and subject to the payment of the applicable fees and adherence to these terms.
Each multi-user purchaser may allow only its employees and agents to access the OCT Portal. OCT Portal access if time-limited, and the duration is made clear in the various communications concerning the course. At the end of this period, a multi-user purchaser’s access terminates, and the multi-user purchaser’s employees and agents will no longer have access to the OCT Portal. Each multi-user purchaser agrees that the OCT Portal may not be accessed by more than the authorized number of users purchased by the multi-user purchaser. Each user shall be authorized to access the OCT Portal on supported devices from any internet connection, except that OCT reserves the right to block access from IP addresses we think are suspicious.
A multi-user purchaser administrator selected by the purchaser (the “administrator”) shall be designated to oversee and be responsible for management of the user accounts.
Users may not share their credentials with other people. In the event of unauthorized access, OCT reserves the right to cancel a training course and/or withdraw access immediately and seek any appropriate legal redress for the breach.
4. Access to the OCT Portal, secure web viewer and virtual machines
OCT will take all commercially reasonable efforts to provide uninterrupted access to the OCT Portal, secure web viewer, and virtual machines for the duration of a course. However, from time to time, users may be unable to access the site due to conditions beyond OCT’s control. Such conditions include, but are not limited to: force majeure, acts of God, power outages, and the acts of computer hackers and others acting outside the law. Also, from time to time, access may be unavailable due to software issues, server downtime, increased internet traffic or downtime, programming errors, regular maintenance of the system, and other related reasons. In response to any unavailability, OCT will take all commercially reasonable steps to ensure access is restored within a reasonable period of time. The term “commercially reasonable,” as used in these terms, shall mean reasonable efforts taken in good faith without an unduly or burdensome use or expenditure of time, resources, personnel or money.
OCT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to change, modify, or discontinue any aspect or feature of the OCT Portal, including, without limitation, the content, availability, access and/or the terms of this site. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions will be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which notice may be made by posting such changes on the OCT Portal.
5. Fees, cancellation and refund policies
The purchaser warrants that course prerequisites and content have been reviewed with each user.
Attendance of a course, and/or right of access to the OCT Portal, secure web viewer, and/or virtual machines granted under these terms is dependent on paying the course fees.
If the purchaser wishes to cancel or reschedule a course, notify OCT as soon as possible.
For single-user cancellation and rescheduling, course fees may be fully refunded if notice is received at least 20 working days before the course commences. In the case of self-paced course, fees may be fully refunded provided that the purchaser hasn’t accessed the OCT Portal. [COVID-19 variation: no cancellation fees will be applied for courses booked before 31 December 2020.]
For private courses, OCT will make reasonable efforts to accommodate requests for cancellations and reschedulings. However, since such changes have a significant. effect on our schedule, at least 30 working days’ notice must be given.
If the user/purchaser is genuinely dissatisfied, the course may be repeated (for that same individual, or individuals), or a refund may be granted at OCT’s sole discretion.
Regardless of the above, all training courses must be taken within 12 months of the original purchase date, after which they will lapse and no refund will be given.
Once virtual machines have been requested and assigned for an online, self-paced course, a user must observe the time limits and complete the course within the specified time period.
Discounts, rebates or other special offers are only valid for the advertised term, and cannot normally be combined.
OCT revises its course fees from time to time, and may do so without providing a reason.
OCT may terminate the course and these terms if it is unable to verify the purchase (for example, because of inaccurate or out-dated credit card, or other payment, information).
Fees are quoted exclusive of VAT or similar applicable taxes. The customer will pay the VAT (or equivalent tax) at the rate and in the amount required by law at the time. Additionally, the customer will pay for all reasonable expenses incurred by OCT relating to private on-site courses.
OCT makes all reasonable endeavours to ensure courses run on the dates scheduled. However, in exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to reschedule or cancel public courses. We will notify all delegates booked onto a course as early as possible. Delegates will be offered alternative dates, or a refund.
OCT requests that delegates do not book travel or accommodation relating to their course until they have received confirmation from OCT that the course will run.
Courses must be paid for in full before the start of the course, except by exceptional arrangement. In the event of failure to pay, OCT reserves the right to charge interest upon the sum outstanding at the rate of 5% above the Bank of England Base Rate (averaged from the due date to the date payment is actually received), plus any costs of recovery. OCT is entitled, at its option and without any liability, to suspend any further services until payment in full of any overdue amount has been made.
Terms and conditions of use of this website
Using this website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions which take effect the day you use of the website.
Use of site and copyright restrictions
You may view and download the materials at this site only for your personal, non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not modify the materials at this site in any way or reproduce or publicly display or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose.
Any use of these materials on any other website or for any purpose is prohibited. The materials at this site are copyright Oxford Computer Training and unauthorized use of any materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. If you breach any of these terms, your authorization to use this site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed materials.
Links to other web sites
Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only. If you use these links, you will leave this site. We are not responsible for any of these sites or their content. We do not endorse them, or any information or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
The materials on this site are provided ‘as is’ without any guarantees of any kind. We do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this site. We may make changes to the materials at this site, or to the information, products and prices described in them, at any time without notice.
Limitation of liability
In no event will we, our suppliers, or other third parties mentioned at this site be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, those resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption) arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the materials or information from this site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume all costs thereof. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This site is administered by us from our offices in the UK. We make no representation that materials at this site are appropriate or available for use outside the UK, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from outside the UK, you do so at your own risk.
The names, images and logos owned by us or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright.
Changes to the terms We may revise these terms at any time by updating this page.
After each purchaser (student) has completed a course, we ask for their feedback, and for them to give their training an overall star rating (out of five).
All customer feedback is read and acted upon – it is incredibly important to us. It allows us to understand a purchaser’s experience, and to make ongoing improvements to course materials and support services, as well as to control the quality of facilities and venues.
Customer feedback is often published to our testimonials page. We never reveal a customer’s full name or company name unless given specific permission to do so. We only ever use a customer’s first name, initial or surname, job title and country, eg: Joe, IT Manager, UK.
We reserve the right:
- to correct typos and spellings in any customer feedback we publish
- not to publish comments, nor to include ratings in statistical analysis, that relate to things that are outside our control, for example issues with catering at a venue provided by the customer (however, be assured that such matters will be acted upon – and of course catering and facilities are our responsibility on public courses)
- not to publish comments, nor to include ratings in statistical analysis, from students who do not meet the pre-requisites for, or do not complete, the course concerned