Learn how to build an HR driven provisioning solution for your Active Directory and Azure Active Directory with this practical video training.
What’s the problem?
Many organizations have invested in Office 365 alongside their existing Active Directory estate, or are planning to do so. An integrated, automated HR-driven approach has clear advantages, but the apparent cost and complexity of implementing MIM (the Microsoft tool of choice for connecting legacy HR systems) can be off-putting.
What’s the solution?
This “Enabling the Cloud through Hybrid Identity” video training course is based on the experience of hundreds of implementations. We focus on a common scenario in which there is a single source of truth (such as an HR system, or student enrolment system), a single Active Directory Forest, and a single Azure AD Tenant, and have produced a simple, step-by-step implementation guide.
Will it work for us?
This video training course covers a common scenario in which there is a single source of truth (such as an HR system, or student enrolment system), a single Active Directory Forest, and a single Azure AD Tenant. While the content will be relevant for more complex scenarios, it may not be sufficient in all cases.
What if our scenario is more complex?
In our videos we have assumed that an HR system is able to present a SQL Server table or view. You may have a system that is based on a different database, presents an API, or can only work with a transfer file.
If your scenario is basically of a similar complexity to the one we use in the videos, but has different connectivity requirements, we will – at our discretion – provide free support and advice on how to handle it as part of the subscription.
If your scenario is significantly more complex, we would suggest a consultative approach, for example as part of one of our TrainingPlus packages. We are happy to discuss your requirements in advance, or at any stage.
A 12-month subscription (which costs just £349 / $499 / €429) offers:
- 8½ hours of course content in 17 videos
- Step-by-step “how to” instructions, explanations and demonstrations
- Working code examples (in Visual Basic and C#)
- 24/7 access for up to 3 users within an organization
- At our discretion, one-to-one advice and assistance with your particular scenario
How will an HR-driven identity management system benefit your organization?
An HR-driven identity management system for hybrid AD has many benefits:
- AD and Azure AD identity information consistent with your source of truth (e.g. HR system), for example:
- Authentication and authorization decisions are based on reliable data
- Users provisioned, enabled/disabled, deprovisioned automatically
- Licensing and security decisions based on accurate group memberships
- More administrative control with less effort:
- Reduced duplication of identity data entry
- Effective enforcement of rules and policies in AD and Azure AD
- Automated handling of the joiner/mover/leaver process
- Fewer orphaned accounts and rogue permissions
- Improved Office 365 user experience:
- Same sign-on (same UPN and password) or true single sign-on
- Seamless access from different devices within the corporate network or in the cloud
In this video, the first of 17, our CEO, Hugh Simpson-Wells explains more about the training and what you can expect from it: