Written by an expert team including Andreas Kjellman (formerly MIM and Azure AD Connect Program Manager for Microsoft), and diving deep beyond the wizard, our Azure AD Connect Masterclass is the only comprehensive, structured training course for this complex and powerful technology. And, unlike free information on the internet, our courses are regularly updated.
HOW MUCH YOU DO YOU KNOW ABOUT AZURE AD CONNECT? TAKE OUR QUICK QUIZ
Who is the Azure AD Connect Masterclass for?
Our Azure AD Connect Masterclass is for architects and administrators responsible for connecting their on-premises Active Directory with an Azure Active Directory tenant who want to:
- Understand what Azure AD Connect can do beyond its ‘out-of-the-box’ form and investigate its many additional capabilities
- Learn how to configure and maintain it, and which configurations are supported
Azure AD Connect is now a key part of a hybrid AD infrastructure. The “out-of-the-box” installation offers some great features, and it is important that these are fully understood. But it’s also vital to learn about the additional configurations that are possible, and which are supported.
Having the optimal configuration for your organization will enable you to provide consistent, secure and user-friendly authentication, as well as consistent authorization across on-premises and cloud applications through automated and reliable group management – even in complex environments, and all while minimizing the strain on your administrators and helpdesk staff.
The Azure AD Connect Masterclass covers both the ‘easy’ things (installation and configuration using the wizard) as well as ‘harder’ things, like how provisioning and deprovisioning works, and the disaster recovery options. It has realistic hands-on labs enabling you to get a proper understanding of its capabilities in real-world scenarios.
Familiarity with AD and basic concepts of authentication will be advantageous – the same goes for Exchange (unless you will never use it).
Azure AD Connect is based on Microsoft Identity Manager, and while we will call out similarities and differences, no prior knowledge is required – and the same goes for Azure Active Directory.
The training comprises presentations, discussions, demonstrations, and 22 hands-on exercises! The 10 hands-on labs – crucial to a proper understanding of the topics – have been made as realistic as possible. Students will use a real domain and fully implement Azure AD Connect in various configurations. The labs are complex and reflect issues you will face in the real world. Students taking this training in the classroom get a month’s access to online videos and quizzes.
Thinking of taking the Azure AD Connect Masterclass online, self-paced?
In this movie our CEO, Hugh Simpson-Wells explains what you get and how it works:
How to take the Azure AD Connect Masterclass:
- Attend live instructor-led for 3 days, remotely via Teams.
- Study online, self-paced. You get access to online learning videos that cover the same content as classroom course, tutor support, access to a real Azure cloud and on-premises environment for up to 3 weeks, a soft copy of our course manual, plus notifications of any significant Azure AD/Azure AD Connect updates. Find out what you get if you take this course online, self-paced.
- Arrange a private training course for your team (currently via Teams only). Find out more about private training.
- View it, then do it! Our Azure AD Connect video training series covers the same content as our Azure AD Connect Masterclass in seven individual courses. They’re comprehensive, highly practical, and teach and demo everything from installation to configuration and include all-important troubleshooting, giving you “how-to” knowledge as and when you need it.
At the end of our Azure AD Connect Masterclass you’ll understand:
- Everything you can do through the wizard, and how to extend that
- Different authentication options – how you move from one to the other, and how they interact
- Azure AD Connect architecture and configuration, understanding and editing rules, and handling errors
- Scheduling, statistics, basic troubleshooting, high availability, and Azure AD Connect health
- Managing Azure AD Connect with PowerShell
- Precedence, provisioning/deprovisioning, joining rules, and transformations
- Upgrading, backup, restore and recovery options
- Multi-forest, multi-tenant and non-AD directory scenarios
- Integrating cloud-based HR systems
- What’s supported and what’s not
Post-course, you’ll have:
- Perpetual access to the course e-manual
- 3 weeks’ access (from the course start date) to:
- 33 video lectures covering the entire course, and specifically designed and recorded to support online learning
- 10 lab demos – videos of all the labs performed in class, including helpful tips. tricks and explanations to improve understanding
- 7 revision quizzes which can be taken as many times as you like – a fun way to test your knowledge!
This course was written by Andreas Kjellman (formerly MIM and Azure AD Connect Program Manager for Microsoft), Hugh Simpson-Wells (CEO, OCG), Jimmy Andersson (MVP Enterprise Mobility) and James Cowling (CTO, OCG).