Learn everything you need to know to integrate applications into Microsoft cloud and on-premises environments using modern and legacy authentication methods.
Who is John Craddock’s Microsoft Identity Masterclass for?
The 5-day Microsoft Identity Masterclass is for those who wish to learn how identity solutions offered by Azure Active Directory, on-premises AD FS and AD can help you build identity systems for the future.
What will I learn?
The Microsoft Identity Masterclass with John Craddock dives deep into:
- Authentication protocols and associated trouble-shooting
- Managing Azure AD using the portals, PowerShell and graph APIs
- Hybrid considerations including web app proxy, pass-through authentication and AD FS
- Working with SaaS, WS-federation, OAuth2.0 apps, and supporting WIA apps in a claims environment
- Enabling B2B and B2C
Application developers who are tasked with integrating authentication and authorization with Microsoft Azure and/or on-premises AD FS will greatly benefit from the detailed coverage. Code development is not included in the class, but you will learn about all of the configuration requirements.
About John Craddock’s Identity Masterclass
The Identity Masterclass is a high-energy, action-packed deep dive into Microsoft Azure AD, crammed with solid information and tips. John will help build your knowledge and consolidate your new skills with more than 37 hands-on labs. See the course outline for what you’ll learn.
Through the extensive use of hands-on labs, attendees will learn fundamentals and principles, and how to deploy and troubleshoot solutions. In-depth knowledge will be gained through the use of tools such as Fiddler, to analyze and understand the protocol flows.
The hands-on labs are all run in a cloud-based virtual environment that will be available to you for 60 days after the course is completed. This will allow you to do the labs again and test out other ideas.
To gain the maximum from this class and the hands-on labs, you will need hands-on system administrator’s skills. For example, you will need to know how to:
- Create and manage groups, OUs and group policies in on-premises AD
- Perform basic server/DC troubleshooting (for example check if a service is running, and restart it)
- Add a DNS record
- Add an URL to a browser’s Intranet zone
PLEASE NOTE: The Identity Masterclass can only be attended in person in the classroom. We find that attendees prefer to work with their own laptop (this is partly so that any necessary configuration changes are available after the course), but we can provide a PC if you would rather not.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand how the identity solutions offered by Azure Active Directory, on-premises AD FS and AD can help you build identity systems for the future using protocols that include OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0
- Know how to authenticate and provide authorization factors to applications that can be located on-premises or in the cloud. The source of identity of the users could be from your own corporate network, your Azure AD domain, a partner organization and/or a social identity provider such as Facebook or Google.
Post-course, you’ll have:
- A pdf of the hands-on manual and slides used during the Masterclass
- 60 days’ access (from the first day of the Masterclass) to 37+ hands-on labs in a cloud-based virtual environment
About John Craddock
John Craddock is a Microsoft MVP (Most Valuable Professional) and has been involved in Microsoft solutions since the early days of Windows and Windows NT. John spoke on Active Directory at the Windows 2000 launch events and has focused on identity solutions since the first release of AD FS for Windows Server 2003.
He is an identity and security architect and has been involved in many IT projects for industry leaders including Microsoft, the UK Government and multi-nationals. He is a well-known international speaker, and has delivered this Masterclass to professionals throughout the world.
Here’s what delegates on the Masterclass which took place in Oxford thought about it: