Hundreds of people signed up for our webinar in March 2018 to learn what Azure AD Connect can do beyond the wizard.
Wizard-based configurations enable you to do a lot with AAD Connect “out-of-the-box”. But it can also handle more complex requirements and, once you scratch the surface, you’ll have lots of questions! Our webinar was designed to produce answers and, if you missed it, or want to see it again, you can view the recording on-demand here.
It was an excellent session, with one attendee imploring at the end:
No! Please don’t finish!
During the webinar, our expert panel answered more than 30 of your questions.
Andreas Kjellman (formerly MIM & Azure AD Connect Program Manager at Microsoft), Jimmy Andersson (MVP Enterprise Mobility), and James Cowling (CTO, Oxford Computer Group) and I tackled more than 30 questions during the session – for example:
- Do you recommend configuring AAD Connect to auto-update, or should we perform updates manually? Also, should updates be done regularly or only as certain needed features are made available?
- Can you run Password hash sync but still use ADFS?
- We are considering moving from an unsupported (Non-MSFT) IDM solution to MIM for Identity and Access Management. Should we be looking at AAD Connect instead?
- Can AAD Connect be used to provide Security Group Self Service via the Group Writeback, along the lines of the way SSPR works?
- What are the options for Azure AD Connect from a high-availability and redundancy perspective?
- What is best practice for backing up custom rules?
To get the answers, you’ll need to watch the recording – it is packed with useful information. Don’t just take my word for it, here are a few comments from attendees:
This is a very, very valuable conversation. I would love to hear more! Thanks very much.
I had the pleasure of attending one of Andreas Kjellman’s courses 2 months ago. I must say that this webinar was the same quality.
This webinar recording will be of immense value to anyone thinking of implementing Azure AD Connect, or who has already done so in an “out-of-the-box” way.
Want to go beyond the AAD Connect wizard for yourself? Find out more about our Azure AD Connect Masterclass.
Want MORE answers? In this blog we answer the questions that we ran out of time for during the webinar.
Want to get involved in discussions about AAD Connect? Join the Linkedin group here.
All your questions will be answered in our Azure AD Connect Masterclass, which is now available online, self-paced!
In this movie our CEO, Hugh Simpson-Wells explains what you get and how it works: